By Ana-Elba Pavon
Latin American celebrations--rich in cultural value and Latin history--present possibilities during the calendar 12 months to arrive out to all populations with attractive courses and actions. The easy-to-organize initiatives during this publication are equipped round vital Latino vacation trips and are encouraged via artesenfas (Latino folks artwork) traditions which were handed down from iteration to iteration. And, simply because each one venture is tied to literature, young ones get the interpreting malicious program early! With greater than seventy five targeted illustrations and step by step directions for making mask, cornhusk dolls, beads, paper plant life, pinatas, and Incan headdresses, the inventive actions during this publication do not require dear or unique fabrics. additionally incorporated are effortless recipes for such delectables as tamales and gorditas. every one bankruptcy contains an task for preschoolers, after-schoolers (over 6 years old), and households (all ages). comparable assets assist you to show each one craft venture right into a finished software by way of incorporating songs, poems, and books.
Read or Download 25 Latino Craft Projects (Celebrating Culture in Your Library Series) PDF
Best library management books
The interplay Society: perform, Theories and Supportive applied sciences presents the reader with a set of interrelated chapters that unveil the nature of a brand new society enabled via smooth details and verbal exchange applied sciences, offering the reader with not just concrete examples of the way this new know-how can let humans to engage in new methods, but additionally with in-depth research of, e.
PRINT/ONLINE PRICING concepts to be had UPON REQUEST AT e-reference@taylorandfrancis. com
Adsorption of Metals through Geomedia, serves as a wanted source for this subject which has acquired a lot awareness up to now 15 years. The publication offers an in-depth assessment of the sphere, by means of numerouschapters that rfile the present prestige of adsorption examine for various metals by way of geomedia starting from person minerals to sediments and soils.
ITIL model 3's (V3) provider lifecycle-based perform comprises the simplest of V1 and V2 and exams present top perform for ITSM. along the supply of constant, repeatable strategy actions as a part of carrier caliber, ITIL has regularly emphasized the significance of continuous advancements. concentrating on the method parts taken with making a choice on and introducing provider administration advancements, this book additionally offers with concerns surrounding provider retirement.
- Visualization of Categorical Data
- Public Library Start-Up Guide
- Distributed Learning. Pedagogy and Technology in Online Information Literacy Instruction
- Being a Solo Librarian in Healthcare: Pivoting for 21st Century Healthcare Information Delivery
- Law Librarianship in Academic Libraries: Best Practices
- Museums and communities : curators, collections and collaboration
Extra info for 25 Latino Craft Projects (Celebrating Culture in Your Library Series)
6. Compact disc. Alarcón, Francisco X. ” In From the Bellybutton of the Moon and Other Summer Poems/Del Ombligo de la Luna y Otros Poemas de Verano. Orozco, José-Luis. ” On Fiestas/Holidays: Canciones para Todo el Año. Arcoiris Records. JL-18 CD Vol. 6. Compact disc. Gonzalez, Maya Christina. ” In Honoring Our Ancestors, ed. Harriet Rohmer. Orozco, José-Luis. ” On Diez Deditos—Ten Little Fingers & Other Play Rhymes and Action Quintero, Henry. ” In Sol a Sol, ed. Lori Marie Carlson. 20 Fifth of May/Cinco de Mayo 4 CHAPTER Hispanic Heritage Month/Mes de la Herencia Hispana September 15– October 15 The time period from September 15 to October 15 is known in the United States as Hispanic Heritage Month/ Mes de la Herencia Hispana.
This activity requires quite a bit of cutting, so you might need more volunteer or staff time than usual to prepare this craft. If the flag has a coat of arms, it is printed backward for photocopying. Some of the emblems have been stylized and simplified for artistic purposes. The children will color the coat of arms and glue all the pieces in place. This craft ties in well with the “Raise the Flag” song that appears in this chapter’s “Activities” section. While the flags are drying, read a story and teach the children the song, so that when the flags are dry, the children can wave their flags high in the air during the song’s chorus.
Instructions 1. Roll two sheets of newspaper lengthwise to form a tube (see step 1 under the headdress instructions above). 2. Take strips of newspaper wet with engrudo and wrap them around the tube to hold it together. Only one layer is necessary (see step 2 under the headdress instructions above). 3. Choose either Method 1 (to form a crown) or Method 2 (to form a crown with two ends crossed). 4. Cover with tissue paper (desired color) wet with engrudo. A minimum of three layers of tissue paper is necessary to hide the newspaper print.
25 Latino Craft Projects (Celebrating Culture in Your Library Series) by Ana-Elba Pavon